Sunday, May 9, 2010

Camping and Mother's Day

I spent Wednesday, Thursday and half of Friday in Louisville for work, so Jamie had a busy and hectic week with the girls. I made it home by 2:30 Friday afternoon and quickly got busy baking treats for the Indian Princess campout and then helping Katie pack the many, many outfits that she required for the overnight stay. In her defense, it was hot and humid on Friday and cold and rainy on Saturday, so she did need a little variety, but many of her choices were made with "fashion" (her word) in mind. Once Jamie and Katie left, Caroline and I had dinner together and snuggled up with a movie.


On Saturday, Caroline made her soccer debut (which Jamie was sorry to miss). Since he's the assistant coach for C's team, I offered to fill in . . . I know just enough about soccer to coach three-year olds! Caroline did great and actually scored the first two goals of the game. Jamie was sad that he missed that moment and even sadder that I couldn't describe it very well (and didn't video it since I was on the field). Caroline has a funny little team. There are only three girls (including Caroline) and they seem to get it, while many of the boys don't even want to be on the field. Many of them will only play if their moms are on the field with them. The game is supposed to be 6 on 6 with no goalie, but since many of our players drifted away the girls got to play a lot!

Caroline loved the water breaks . . .




. . . and the post-game snacks.
















Jamie and Katie returned home late Saturday and we all slept in on Sunday. And, I got to stay in bed extra long as the girls "helped" Jamie make breakfast. I enjoyed opening the gifts that the girls made at school. Caroline was very proud of the book she made and Katie was very diligent about keeping her gift a surprise all week.

We enjoyed a relaxing day and then went out for a nice dinner. It was a great Mother's Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment