Sunday, July 19, 2009

Regular Week

One of the highlights of the week for Katie was the arrival of her school uniform. She rushed inside from playing with friends and quickly tried on as many pieces as she could- and requested that I photograph some of the best outfits. School is just a little over a month away, and we're all getting very excited!
We had several plans with our friends who are expecting their third baby in August, and the mom ended up in the hospital due to dehydration, so our weekend became remarkably unscheduled! The girls enjoyed some cartoons Saturday morning, which is a big treat for us, since Caroline rarely sits still to watch TV.

Saturday we went out to dinner and bought the girls new school shoes, but I forgot the camera, so we have no photos of that.

It was a gray and cool-ish weekend, but we took the girls swimming (indoors) on Sunday. This was Jamie's plan to tire out Caroline. And, it worked! And Katie and I had losts of time to practice what she's working on at swimming lessons. Later in the day after riding bikes, Caroline put her swimsuit back on (for no particular reason) and "helped" me cook. I think this photo captures her working with the knives she's allowed to use (spreaders!), which she later tried to use to cut a tomato.


She also helped me set the table and was sure to give herself a knife, even though she hasn't been allowed to have one yet. I let her keep it and she did a pretty good job with it . . . until she used it to stab a piece of chicken and ate it off the knife. You'll note that Lily is on standby in the background, just in case anything gets knocked off the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment