
One of my most dreaded change-of-season chores is the great closet swap. I tackled this on Saturday with Caroline, moving out summer clothes for fall, finding what hand-me-downs from Katie are the right size/season. Caroline actually was great about trying things on (a first for her!) and happily sat in the clothes bin when she didn't have an outfit waiting for her. And, I must say that it's a good thing
I did this when I did because fall weather arrived this week.
Saturday night, we had a sitter and Jamie and I got to enjoy a local festival (kid-free) and then went to an Irish bar to watch the Notre Dame football game with friends. We eked out another victory, but it has defnitiely been a season of nail-biters!

Sunday was the girls' first Sunday School class. As our special first-day treat we went out for donuts before class.



Here are the girls in the hallway outside Caroline's classroom. She was particularly excited to have graduated from the playroom to Sunday School.
Please note Caroline's sandals since the whole outfit had to be worked around these shoes that she discovered in the hand-me-down bin.

That afternoon Jamie and Caroline "did some work." Jamie is actually on SportsIllustrated.com and Caroline's toy laptop was just making annoying monkey sounds, but they look busy, don't they?

Sunday after dinner we made a pilgrimage to the local sunflower patch. I always laugh at how many people are there, and then laugh at us, since we go too!

After a lot of rain last week, it was muddy, so Caroline opted to wear boots. In this photo, Katie is giving her best pose and Caroline is stomping in the puddle (yes, in her white dress).

The girls had fun and no one got freaked out by the bees this year. We all had to take our shoes off in the car, though since we were super muddy. Not sure if we got a great photo with both girls smiling, but those are hard to come by, especially with the distractions of so many other people in the sunflower patch, including people trying to prop up their baby, pose with their dogs, etc.








No comments:
Post a Comment